The Forge was conceived, developed and brought to life by Aaron and Sara Bubans, both workout enthusiasts with law enforcement backgrounds.
Aaron Bubans was born and raised in Southeastern PA close to the MD line. He grew up playing basketball, baseball, football, golf and softball throughout his high school and college years and developed a keen competitive drive. He first began working out with bodybuilding techniques in Junior High and started CrossFit in 2008. His background includes:
- Junior High Boys Basketball Coach at Grace Academy
- Pre-Algebra teacher at Grace Academy
- York College of PA graduate, Magna Cum Laude w/ Bachelors in Criminal Justice, minors in Criminalistics and American History
- Member of National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- Taught middle school for 3 years in Charlotte, NC before joining the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department in 2009.
- Middle School Boys Basketball Coach at Queen’s Grant Community School
- Middle School Assistant Boys Baseball Coach at Queen’s Grant Community School
- High School Boys Basketball Coach at Queen’s Grant High School
- Eastway Focus Mission Team member for 5 years
- Adjunct Defensive Tactics Instructor at CMPD Police Academy
- Gracie Basic Ground Fighting Instructor
- Moved family to CT in 2015 to pursue dream of creating own gym. Transferred to Manchester Police Department.
- LOCKUP Ground Fighting Instructor
- LOCKUP Triple Certification Instructor
Aaron and Sara built outdoor training areas outside of their NC home, building equipment to have their own workout space. They developed their own training routines and have personally trained friends and family members. They continued the tradition at their CT residence by turning the detached garage into “The Den” and using their driveway and backyard as a training playground for their developing business plan. Both have group training certifications through ASFA.
Sara was born and raised in northern Georgia, and moved to Charlotte, NC to become a police officer after graduating with honors from Georgia State University.
She joined the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department in 2006, worked as a patrol officer for two years, a school resource officer for one year, was on two specialized units for three years and finished the last three years of her career as a Training Officer at the police academy.
Sara has almost two decades of experience in Muay Thai kickboxing which helped her train recruits and assist with defensive tactics and physical fitness as a police officer.
In 2010 she met Aaron, married in 2011 and they now have two children together (and one more coming in September!) Sara has done coaching and personal training at gyms and on her own.